Some IELTS Essay writing tip
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the assessment test of English accepted by more than 8000 organizations in over 130 countries including around 700 American universities.Thousands of students take IELTS exams every year. Some of them score well, but some of them do not. To score a high band in the IELTS exam, all a student should do is to feel confident. And certainly, have a number of general writing, reading, listening, and speaking skills. This article provides the most important tips for IELTS essay writing.
The IELTS writing part includes two tasks. A student should compose two essays of a different kind in one hour. A crucial mistake many students make is to leave little time for the second assignment. As a result, a student fails to finish the second task and loses scores. To avoid this, a student should practice writing essays at home in the stipulated time. Having some skills in time management will help concentrate on the task and forget about limited time.
Certainly, IELTS essay writing would not be the first student’s essay writing experience. But still, it is necessary to mention that the essay presupposes the following outlines. As a rule, the essay is organized in the following way:
1. An introductory paragraph that includes some general, basic information about the topic of the essay. Additionally, it should comprise a thesis statement.
2. The following two or three paragraphs should constitute the main body of the essay. This section should include main arguments and points of view and evidence. One should provide various views on the issue in question and support his/her own with certain facts.
3. The final paragraph is “conclusion”. It should be brief and generalizing. One can also mention his/her thought about the prospective development of the problem raised.
4. Word count is especially important in IELTS essay writing. Nobody will count every word. But to be on the safe side, make an essay neither too long nor too short.
5. Needless to say, the essay should be proofread carefully to avoid grammar mistakes.