Mobile Applications to Improve Your English
By Padmaja S Singh | Submitted On February 16, 2021
With the explosion brought about by Smartphones, the popularity of applications has touched new heights altogether. The market is flooded with apps for everything, you name it and there is an app for that. So much so that there are numerous apps made available that help one improve, or brush up on their sills, personal or professional. For the same purpose, here is an article that will introduce you to a list of applications that will help you learn and grasp the English language better and more proficiently. Take a look.
10 English learning apps for mobile phone users:
1. MyWordBook-This is an app that has an accreditation from the Cambridge University Press. MyWordBook uses a unique approach towards teaching and improving your English. They have adopted teaching English through interactive flashcards.
Available for OS-iPhone and Android
2. Busuu-An English learning application that focuses on covering a vast range of expressions, topics and words that help you learn better and deepen your learning of the English language. This app also puts you through a helpful series of tests that are interactive and useful.
Available for OS- iPhone and Android
Rosetta Stone: Learn English in Context
3. Conversation English- Comes along with 20 lessons along with a video dialogue that encourages the learners to read and go through the conversation, after which they need to complete a variety of exercises. This is an app that will certainly help you polish and sharpen your English communication skills.
Available for OS- iPhone (iTunes)
4. SpeakingPal English Tutor- Here is a synergistic and entertaining app that offers a wide range of mini-lessons that last a maximum of five minutes, approximately. This gives you as a user ample of time to learn and grasp better. An added feature that stands out is that the student can interact with the app through speech recognition software.
Available for OS- iPhone and Android
5. Speak Business English I & II- All you professionals who are struggling to get your spoken English communication skills in place, here is an app that you could use. Get access to the best and most professional business English expressions to help you with phrases that you could make use on the job.
Available for OS- iPhone
6. Babbel ( Android and iOS) Babbel offers bite-sized English lessons, which are connected to one another and work…
7. Beelinguapp ( Android and iOS) This app is designed to help you to read English texts (and to some degree to help
8.BBC Learning English ( Android and iOS) The BBC Learning English app simply brings together…
You’ve almost certainly heard of Duolingo, which can help you learn a large number of languages, including English. It’s designed to be fun (and addictive!) with bite-sized lessons and a system where you earn points for correct answers and “level up” once you’re doing well enough. You can earn virtual coins, unlock new levels, and see your “fluency score” rise.
Cost:Free, but if you want to remove ads and download courses to use offline, you’ll need to pay for Duolingo plus, which is $6.99/month.
10 FluentU (Android and iOS)
FluentU takes a different approach to language learning, using videos sourced for YouTube with captions so you can immerse yourself in hearing and understanding the language. It’s available for a number of other languages as well as English, too.
Cost:Free trial, then $30/month (which includes all languages).
The above-mentioned ten apps are just a handful from a plethora of hundreds of mobile learning applications available. Nonetheless, they are the best ten that we thought could help you learn English and understand the fundamentals of English better.
All the luck with your mobile learning!